Sunday, June 22, 2014

A little slice of last week.

Last week was a bit crazy, and I've already got my nervous breakdown penciled in for this week (being short-staffed and actually caring about things like customer wait times make your eyes twitchy, trust me). Just to keep things interesting for us last week, the air conditioner decided to break on the first 90 degree day...just like it did to us last year. It's really kind of a dick. When we came in on Wednesday morning, it was already 85 degrees (and only about 70 outside. FUN).  In an attempt to keep a bit of sanity going, I decided to record some of the gems of the morning.

"Do you have the heat on?"  ....it's 85, at 9 AM 

"Is your air conditioner broke?"....again, 85, yup 

"Oooooh! It's warm!"..... grrrrrrrr 

Luckily they fixed it pretty quickly, but really people. I know I'm rather tiny and very pale, but that does not mean I'm so anemic and frail that I need to have a sauna going to keep me alive.

The thing that always keep me alive, as always, is music. And last week I got to see the Arctic Monkeys at Stage AE. I felt sick from working in the sauna and didn't really feel like going, but I'm really glad I forced myself. They are fantastic live. If you watch Orphan Black, the lead singer is what I imagine Felix would be like if he were a singer rather than an artist. Which is to say mesmerizing and full of sass and swagger.



Coming up this Saturday is the WYEP music festival, so I'm looking forward to some fantastic free music at the end of this hell week. Free music and a giant pitcher of sangria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment